Join an insightful session open to all in the main room. In the afternoon you can join the Theme Discussion (round table discussion) led by Maik and/or René.
To what extent is digitization changing spend management and value realization in procurement?
Do you agree on the Deloitte explanation of Digital Procurement? ”Digital procurement is the application of disruptive technologies that enable Strategic Sourcing (S2C) to become predictive, Transactional Procurement (P2P) to become automated, and Supplier Risk Management (SRM) to become proactive.” Know your data and automate as much as is possible. Even though technologies such as RPA, AI and Machine Learning have been around for a while – supply chain and procurement could be more digitized. We talk a lot about Digital Procurement – but what does that actually mean to organizations? Some are de-centralized, some centralized, have numerous ERPs, face cultural differences, have lack of organizational buy in, inefficient data management, budget concerns and more affecting strategy success.
During this session we will learn from different industries and how they perceive digital procurement developments.
- How far do you think digitizing procurement can go in a large organization?
- Where is your organization on that journey?
- How have you organized digitization initiatives?
- Give an example of a specific problem digitizing have solved in your organization
- What have been key to succeeding with your digitization strategies to date?
- Are you using one solution, one way to digitize and automate all spend categories?
- What is your focus ahead?
René Wienmann | CPO Head of Global Sourcing | Chr.Hansen & Maik Mueller | Head of Global Procurement Operations & Digital | KWS Group