How can procurement help create value and drive margins?
At traded goods and equal type companies there is a straight line between procurement – category managers and the customer. It is not possible to switch a component or product or change a supplier easily. It is absolutely vital to have the right product available at the right time from the right supplier. There are best-practices that translate to other industries, especially in a time of shortages. Like the role Procurement can have in becoming more attractive to both customer as well as supplier and increase transparency and communication.
Learn from each other and discuss:
- How do you share customer data with your suppliers to become a customer of choice?
- How do you identify customer preferences and use them to your advantage in Procurement?
- In what ways can procurement work with sales and marketing and help them sell more?
- How do you improve attractiveness towards suppliers?
- What do you do if your customer only wants 1 product from 1 supplier and there are ostensibly no alternatives?
Henrik Nyberg | Account Executive and Nordic Lead | Ivalua